Host a Microchip Clinic
Sponsoring a microchip clinic provides a worthy public service guaranteed to attract local animal lovers to your event. Clinics are also a great fundraiser, open house event and/or public service offering.
With the AKC Reunite, hosting a microchip clinic is both easy and we are committed to providing you with support and turnkey resources to make your microchip clinic a success.
To get more information on organizing a microchipping clinic please call 800-252-7894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and the date(s) of your clinic. AKC Reunite representative will contact you to help get you started.
Helpful hints for hosting a successful microchip clinic
- Download our helpful checklist
- Plan early! Be sure to order the microchips at least two weeks prior to event
- Work with a veterinarian you are familiar with and arrange for them to volunteer their time to implant microchips at your clinic. Veterinarians, in kind, can promote their practice during the clinic.
- Promote your event with our helpful Press Release and Promotional Flyer templates.
- Secure staffing to assist the veterinarian, help with paperwork.
- Have a set time for your clinic (i.e. 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) to maximize turnout and not waste the volunteers’ time
- Have a table available to place small animals upon while implanting the microchip
- If your event will be held outdoors, have an alternate rain date and list this date on all promotional materials
- Have the right materials
- A universal scanner that reads or ALL microchips, like the AKC Reunite Proscan 700
- AKC Reunite Enrollment Forms
- AKC Reunite Promotional Materials
- Spare change and a cash box
- Please note: If you are holding OFA or CAER clinics and need to read and record the actual microchip numbers already implanted, you need a universal scanner that can read all microchip frequencies, including ISO microchips, like the AKC Reunite ProScan 700.