MEET YOUR LOCAL
EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
- What are your County’s current animal sheltering plans?
- What type of sheltering is your County planning?
- Emergency – Displaced pets only, often at a fairground or an evacuated SPCA.
- Co-location – People and pets housed separately at same site.
- Co-Habitation – People and pets stay together.
- Do they clear shelters ahead of a disaster? If yes, who transports the pets?
- Do they have volunteer programs for people to assist during emergency animal sheltering? How can you participate?
- If a donated AKC Pet Disaster Relief trailer is being deployed, what is the emergency shelter address and who is the emergency shelter contact?
- Are there any other local, 501c3 organizations helping shelter displaced pets?
After your successful meeting, designate a Club Contact to work directly with your County.